The Nordic Neutron Science Programme (NNSP) and the Swedish Neutron Education for Science & Society (SwedNess) programme are proud to present the second Graduate School on Neutron Scattering. The school will take place in the university town of Tartu, Estonia, September 8-21st, 2018.
The school covers an introduction to neutron scattering, with the topics:
- Principles of scattering and neutron instrumentation
- Small-angle scattering
- Inelastic scattering
- Quasielastic scattering
- Magnetic diffraction and inelastic scattering
- Use of polarized neutrons
In addition, there will be inspirational lectures on
- Neutrons for Life science
- Neutrons for energy materials
- Neutrons for industry
- Neutrons for quantum materials
- Scientific possibilities at ESS
- Participants: Starting Ph.D. students, but Master students and Post-docs are welcome.
- Location: Tartu, Estonia.
- Registration deadline: August 1st.
Read more about the summer school.