Here are all the events LINX Association arrange as well as other organisations’ events.
In LINX we are delighted to invite all LINX members to a visit to ESS and MAX IV.
LINX will arrange transport from central Copenhagen and to/from Sweden. The pick up place in Copenhagen is to be announced later.
Transport to MAX IV (from Copenhagen) 10:00 MAX IV 11:30 Transport and lunch 13:00 ESS 15:00 The end (transport to Copenhagen)
- Only for LINX members
- Price: Free
- Registration deadline: January 8th, 2019
- Registration: Mail firstname.lastname@example.org (please also inform if you wish to join the transport from Copenhagen and to/from Sweden)
- Language: English
- 2121.January.Mondayhttp://linxproject.dk/event/conference-scandinavian-instruments-for-big-science-2019/Technical University of Denmark - Anker Engelunds VejTechnical University of Denmark, Anker Engelunds Vej 1, DK - 2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
You might have heard of DIBS – Danish Instruments for Big Science. This year we go one step further and present an even broader conference where both Swedish and Danish Universities and companies present their work and competencies on scientific instruments for neutron and X-ray sources. Instrument presentations from scientists and company pitches will, together with poster sessions and networking, present an environment for contacts and exchange of ideas between Scandinavia’s leading experts on designing and building scientific instruments.
- 2424.January.Thursdayhttp://linxproject.dk/event/seminar-desy-photon-science-and-europen-xfel-users-meeting-2019/DESYDESY, Notkestr. 85, 22607 Hamburg
Especially for aerospace, automotive, railway or other civic industries, faultlessness in terms of reliability and safety of the engineering components is a must. With the introduction of new ways of fabricating components such as additive manufacturing or the development of new designs to reduce energy consumption, the complete understanding of these components, which are often operating under extreme conditions, not negotiable.
What are the best ways to achieve this understanding? This seminar aims to give you the answer. We will showcase how synchrotron radiation and neutrons can, in a non-destructive manner, give insights into the behavior of materials and engineering components during fabrication or operation. Several techniques will be explained and linked to current questions.
- Language: English
- Registration fee: Free
- Registration: E-mail email@example.com