Here are all the events LINX Association arrange as well as other organisations’ events.
The Nordic Neutron Science Programme (NNSP) and the Swedish Neutron Education for Science & Society (SwedNess) programme are proud to present the second Graduate School on Neutron Scattering. The school will take place in the university town of Tartu, Estonia, September 8-21st, 2018.
The school covers an introduction to neutron scattering, with the topics:
- Principles of scattering and neutron instrumentation
- Small-angle scattering
- Inelastic scattering
- Quasielastic scattering
- Magnetic diffraction and inelastic scattering
- Use of polarized neutrons
In addition, there will be inspirational lectures on
- Neutrons for Life science
- Neutrons for energy materials
- Neutrons for industry
- Neutrons for quantum materials
- Scientific possibilities at ESS
- Participants: Starting Ph.D. students, but Master students and Post-docs are welcome.
- Location: Tartu, Estonia.
- Registration deadline: August 1st.
Read more about the summer school.
- 1010.September.Mondayhttp://linxproject.dk/event/linxs-20180910/Stockholm WaterfrontStockholm Waterfront, Nils Ericsons Plan 4, 111 64 Stockholm, Sweden
A welcome space for business and people
Nordic Life Science Days is the largest Nordic partnering conference dedicated to the life science industry. Since its inception in 2013, the event has nurtured a community of people from the world of life science, and created a unique place to do business.
We create a space for meaningful encounters, with one-on-one meetings being one of the main features of NLSDays. Additionally, the high quality of topics and presenters provide insight into the most recent trends in science and business.
NLSDays attracts leading decision makers from biotech, pharma and medtech as well as finance, research, policy and regulatory authorities.
Recent years have seen strong research efforts on the lipid component of biological membranes. While many studies have been focused on the membrane structure, the dynamics of such systems are crucial for the function of the membrane including membrane bound proteins.
The goal with this Dynamics workshop is to bring together leading experts in the field of membrane dynamics, with a particular focus on neutrons and X-rays, but also complementary techniques including NMR, single molecule spectroscopy and computer modeling. The event is free of charge and is expected to host up to 90 participants on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Details and the program
- Language: English
- Registration fee: Free
- First come-first served princip
- Registration deadline: August 25th
Visit the event’s webpage, Dynamics of membranes and their constituents, to know more or register.
The User Meeting aims to create an interesting and valuable meeting for all concerned in consultation with MAX IV scientists, FASM (our users organization), SSUO/ESUO (the Swedish and European user organizations) as well the Swedish Universities through the MAX IV Universities Reference Group (URG) and the ESS. MAX IV now has both the 3 GeV and 1.5 GeV storage rings in operation and calls for normal proposals for structural biology, spectroscopy and nanoscience on BioMAX, HIPPIE and NanoMAX beamlines, respectively. A new Commissioning Experts call is now opened.
All together this has lead to this year contents of the 30th MAX IV User Meeting – Coherent Visions (UM18).
- MAX IV User community, user science and its future horizons at MAX IV.
- Plenary talks.
- VR review of the needs for access to X-ray based facilities by the Swedish Research community.
- Directors´science and facility status.
- Seven parallel sessions on Tuesday 25th.
- Time for discussions within and across each field.
- News from FASM, SSUO/ESUO and ESS.
- 2525.September.Tuesdayhttp://linxproject.dk/event/wp4-colloids-20180925/Novo NordiskMåløv
Industry participants in this work package (WP): BioModics, Novo Nordisk and ROCKWOOL.
University participants in this WP: Copenhagen University.
Other participants: Aarhus University, Technical University of Denmark, LINX and other LINX members.
LINX will be hosting the event.
11:15 Presentation about Novo Nordisk
11:35 Case presentation from Tetra Pak: Utilizing X-rays in Packaging Industry
11:45 Case presentation from Novozymes: Colloidal implications of heterogeneity of protein structures
11:55 KU Global development project about food an colloids science
13:00 Updates from current focus projects
13:15 New focus projects
14:00 Open discussion
This workshop is for LINX members only.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to participate in the workshop or have questions.